Friday, March 26, 2010

Long way up!

Lana and I recentry travelled up to Witrivier, and I took some photo's whenever I got the chance, experimenting with longer exposures and a few new editing tricks I conjoured up!
ps - I think the cloud lovers will thank me for this post



We had to stop at several roadblocks and accidents, giving me the opportunity to capture the greenest Karoo "end-of-Summer" landscape I've ever seen.


The following picture was taken while travelling at approx 120km/h, f-stop at f22, allowing the exposure time to be 1/20s @ ISO100. I focused on the left-hand side of the tree which gave this swirling effect. :)

One of MANY stops...







Flowers anyone?

The signs of a season's end, summer's twilight has commenced!

How beautiful is this girl?

The hand that rocked Lana's cradle. We stopped in Pretoria on our way back for lunch with Lana's dad.





The following two shots are some of my favorites. It's typical of the South African countryside.


Out of the right window...

Out of the left window...

Somewhere inbetween the two windows...


Yet another truck stop!!

And how beautiful is THIS girl?

Another one of my favorites - I think it is the dimensionality brought by the reflection of the road and the steering wheel that caught my eye, conceptually anchored by the mirror bottom right.


Believe it or not - the following photo is a 5 photo-photostitch, showing a massive cloud forming and raining on the the horison. Hard as I tried I don't think the picture tells the full story.

2 comments:

  1. Truly amazing!...girl I mean. Nice photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting seeing you grow and develop in your photographic passion. i love looking at your posts.
    May even need you to come to Oz to do a wedding....

    ReplyDelete