Monday, January 11, 2010

Utrecht Part 3 (Holland)


The past few days' snow has turned Holland into a white Winter Wonderland. I took the picture above with my camera's built in flash reflecting off the finest snow fall I have ever seen. It was as if someone was pouring floating icing sugar out over the city.





My means of transport. (Not missing my car at all... Noooo...) I cycled to Weg-tot-de-Wetenschap, where I met Codrin for a walk in the coutryside.


It has snowed enough for the ski's to have come out.



Codrin leading the way along the canal.


A bridge we passed under. Codrin said most people don't know how beautiful the city's surrounding areas are and they travel far away to enjoy nature. What a pity.


The river was twisting and turning as we walked, and I made this panorama of one of the first bends as we entered the woods.


Some remains of WW2 can still be seen, with bunkers lining the roads. Who knows how many young lives were lost in the areas we walked.


Another riverbend..


There were joggers all over the place. I presume some of them ran only because of the snow. By the way, is doesn't usualy look like this in Winter, Holland might get a week of snowfall max.


Finally! Some colour.


Many birds live on these canals, and I cought some as they took off. With help from Codrin, of course. :)


This doggy got in the way of my landscapeshot! Actually he was out of focus.


The best pancakehouse in the world!!!


Snowman!


I just had to lie down... Unfortunately my jacket lifted a bit, and I almost go some freezer burn...


How beautiful is this?



Back at home -


Sturbucks Espresso cup's bought in Berlin.


And fine Italian wine I treated myself to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment